As a busy mom on-the-run, there is little time to fit in a two hour workout to burn off that no-so-healthy lunch you had earlier in the day. But did you know that you could burn off some serious snacks in just one mile? That’s right, according to Runner’s World you burn more than 100 calories by walking a mile which takes less than 30 minutes. So, to help you also stay on track with your eating habits, we’ve found some yummy 100 calorie snacks you can walk off in one mile!
1. Edamame (1/2 cup): Edamame is super tasty when toasted. Just a sprinkle of your favorite seasoning and these are poppable like chips but without all the guilt!
2. Sliced Tomato with a sprinkle of Olive Oil & Feta: Olive oil is a great source of omega-3s and fatty acids. Feta truly compliments the acidity of the tomatoes and the oil. A touch of black pepper adds a great kick as well!
3. 2 Egg Whites & One Slice of Whole Wheat Toast: Get a boost of lean protein with the egg whites and a healthy dose of fiber with the whole wheat toast. This will keep you full for the whole walk!
4. 100 Calorie Popcorn Bag: Easy, convenient, and will always be a favorite. Stay away from topping your low calorie bag with butter and salt, and don’t let your 100 calorie snack become a 400 calorie gorge fest by getting carried away with 4 bags while watching TV.
5. Baby Carrots (1 cup) & Hummus (2 Tbsp). Not only are carrots a delicious snack, but the health benefits of hummus are great as well since chickpeas are rich in fiber and protein and contain vitamins and minerals like folic acid, magnesium and zinc.
6. 5 Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Kisses: For those times when you just need chocolate! Every girl has that moment and every girl deserves to give into that moment–in moderation of course.
7. Apple Slices With 1 Tbsp. of Almond Butter: Apples and nut butters are a classic snack and oh so delicious. We like to use almond butter as it’s higher in fiber and has less carbs.
8. 18 Fat-Free Rold Gold Pretzel Twists: If you feel like you bloat easily, go for unsalted pretzels. If you don’t have the time to make your own homemade snacks, these are one of the better crunchier snacks. However, portion your pretzels out ahead of time so you don’t end up mindlessly eating the whole bag!
So go ahead and indulge a bit, just don’t forget to lace up those sneakers and hit the pavement. And if you want more delicious options, try some of these snacks under 100 calories!