Just because your dish is meatless, doesn’t mean your meal has to be flavorless. Many people have incorporated the popular “Meatless Monday” trend to eat healthier, add more veggies and less meat to their diets, to slim down and to save money. Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to eat more heart healthy meals, these recipes will leave you asking for seconds. Even serious meat lovers will be satisfied!
2. Roasted Vegetable Orzo: This is a fantastic way to serve kale to a family of hesitant-kale-eaters. It adds a little garnish to the dish without distracting from the flavor or even the texture. The dressing, which is made with roasted garlic and yogurt, is the perfect addition to this decadent meal. (via 101 Cookbooks)
3. Rice, Cheddar, and Spinach Pie: Hello, this sounds delicious! Packed with loads of Vitamin A, this meal is so easy to prepare, but looks and tastes like you’ve prepped for hours! (via Delish) (photo credit)
4. Chipotle Quinoa Sweet Potato Burgers with Crunchy Guacamole: You’ll get a real kick of Southwestern style flavor with this recipe! The crunchy guacamole pairs perfectly with the sweet potato and the quinoa. Served with some fresh fruit and a side salad, you’ll feel absolutely satisfied. (via Made to Create)
5. Skinny Mediterranean Pasta Toss: There are a variety of remixes to this recipe online, but we particularly love this blend of vegetables and feta cheese. Haven’t heard one complaint about this recipe yet! (via Skinny Mom)
6. Black Bean & Sweet Potato Burritos: The sweet potatoes give such a sweet, rich taste to the recipe that pairs surprisingly well with the black beans. Make enough so that you can freeze and then reheat the leftovers. Some say they taste even better the next day! (via One Lovely Life)
7. Stuffed Peppers: Stuffed peppers seem to be at the top of everyone’s most loved recipes list. Skip the beef this time and indulge in our meatless version instead. It is just as tasty! (via Skinny Mom)
8. Mushroom Stroganoff: I love mushrooms with almost anything, so this recipe was simply heavenly! There are a variety of mushrooms used and the sauce is super light and creamy. YUM! (via Skinny Taste)
9. Quinoa Mexi-Lime Salad: This recipe is so simple to make that it is a must-have on your meal plan. Plus, you won’t believe how quickly your taste buds will travel south of the border! This quinoa dish is packed with protein and a new burst of flavor with every bite. (via Skinny Mom)
10. Tortellini Primavera: This recipe is a real crowd pleaser. And, more than the taste will please you, because you probably have most of the ingredients in your kitchen already! (via Eating Well) (photo credit)
Do you have Meatless Mondays in your house? We’d love to hear what tasty dishes hit your kitchen table!