Thanksgiving is here again and you know what that means: Thanksgiving dinner. Whether you’re hosting or bringing a side in an attempt to impress the in-laws, you want your food to be good. Why not make it healthy too? We’ve found 30 side dishes perfect for the Thanksgiving table that are not only delicious, but also a little healthier!
1. Skinny Cream-Style Corn: Heavy cream, whole milk and butter get the boot in this skinny version of the classic fall side dish. Swap out your high-calorie recipe for this 109-per-serving side dish! Get the recipe by clicking here.
2. Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes: This is a fun alternative to a sweet potato casserole, since the contents will be served back in the potato skin. Instead of a calorie- and fat-laden casserole recipe, we scooped out the centers of our sweet potatoes, added some non-fat Greek yogurt, cinnamon, brown sugar and nutmeg, mixed it all together and came up with these sweet and delicious sweet potatoes. Click here for the delicious recipe.
3. Skinny Broccoli Salad: This recipe has to be one of the easiest salad recipes to make, and it is always a huge hit at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. We lighten it up by using a reduced-calorie ranch dressing, and make sure not to add too much. We recommend you use reduced-fat cheese, but that’s optional. Add extra veggies to the salad, or other toppings, to make this recipe your own. Get the recipe here.
4. Vegan Cranberry Sauce: Make your sweet side as healthy as you can by going vegan! It’s a great way to introduce the lifestyle to all of your guests! (via The Balanced Blonde)
5. Rosemary Garlic Potato & Parsnip Mash: Parsnips and potatoes come together for a delicious mash. Serve it on Thanksgiving, Christmas or even just a random weeknight, it’s that easy. At only 120 calories and 3 WWP+ per serving, you’ll want to save this recipe for many meals to come! Click here for the recipe.
6. Challah-Apple Stuffing: Change up your old stuffing recipe with this delicious dish! The apples give it an amazing fall flavor that you’ve been looking for. (via Buzzfeed)
7. Skinny Country Green Beans: Instead of letting your green beans simmer for hours with ham hock, this version lets chicken stock and a small portion of bacon pieces bring the flavor to this favorite family side dish. Make it for yourself!
Click “next” to see more skinny sides!