The holidays are the most tempting time of year to indulge in desserts and with holiday cookies, cupcakes, tarts and gooey goodness, the calories and fat can pack on quickly. But with these skinny, delicious options, you can have your cake and eat it, too! You can enjoy the sweet and savory flavors of the season, sensational food combinations and creative displays. Trust us, your holiday guests will thank you!
1. Skinny Apple Pie Cake: This cake recipe is a variation of a classic dish: apple pie. It’s a comforting, warm dessert that pairs perfectly with light whipped topping or ice cream! Click here to get the recipe!
2. Skinny Peanut Butter Cups: You don’t have to give up the mesmerizing taste of a peanut butter cup just because you’ve decided to eat healthy. These skinny bite-size treats will more than satisfy your chocolate cravings without wrecking your diet! (via Dashing Dish)
3. Skinny Pumpkin Pie: Pumpkin pie is normally the definition of “holiday indulgence” but this recipe lightens it up for healthy eater, too! A generous slice is only 175 calories, which won’t put you over the edge during family dinners or parties filled with sweets. Click here to get the ingredients list!
4. Skinny Fudge Brownies: Lighter chocolate treats are hard to come by, but this recipe swaps oil used in many desserts for a secret, healthier ingredient: applesauce. It also mixes in smarter ingredients as sweetener for the taste you love with less sugar or calories. Check out the recipe here!
5. Autumn Apple and Grape Medley: This recipe by Skinnytaste is a decadent dessert but can also make for a tasty breakfast, lunch or daytime snack. It’s so simple, yet full of sweet, comforting flavor. Hello, perfect fall recipe!
6. Sneaky Healthy Mint Chip Milkshake: This drink has the mint flavor we love during the holidays while drinking it actually has health benefits! The bright color of this shake comes from the sneaky handfuls of spinach it contains. Your kids will love this treat and they’ll never realize they’re devouring veggies! (via Yummy Mummy Kitchen)
7. Pecan Pie Cookie Dough Balls: You’ll go nuts over these pecan pie cookie dough balls! These raw, vegan treats are made in just minutes and each ball is only 35 calories! You’ll love snacking on these delectable, yet healthy bites! (via Chocolate Covered Katie)
To see more skinny desserts, click “next” below!