Ready to fuel up for the big game? After Thanksgiving, the Super Bowl is the second largest day of food consumption in the United States. Most of these traditional football foods are unhealthy and packed with calories, so we’ve put together a list of our favorite skinny appetizers that won’t leave you feeling like you just got tackled! Go ahead and try these recipes for the big game. People won’t know if you’re cheering for that touchdown or for the food!
1. Baked Onion Rings: You can skip the guilt when you skip the fried food! These onion rings are baked to make them healthier and they still taste AMAZING. Try them out on your friends and see if they’ll notice! Click here to see how they’re made.
2. Skinny Buffalo Chicken Wings: We’ve taken this classic recipe and held onto its flavor while ditching the calories. You can have six chicken wings for UNDER 200 calories. Don’t believe us? You can see the nutrition here.
3. Cauliflower Pizza Bites: Get your snack on while giving your body a dose of its daily veggie requirements! These bites make for a great mid-game snack because they are all the fun of pizza without the unhealthy ingredients. Check ’em out here.
4. Simple Skinny Queso: Don’t sacrifice calories for the ease of a jar of cheese! This homemade queso is as easy to make as it is to eat! You and your friends will love this snack. You can see the full recipe here.
5. Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels: Classy, easy to eat AND skinny! This recipe is great for game day and girls’ night in. Serve it up to every guest and they’ll never know how many calories you’re saving them. Click here for recipe details.
6. Baked Crab Rangoon: This classic unhealthy appetizer gets a skinny upgrade with a healthier baked version! Your guests will love chomping down on these Asian bites of goodness, and at no cost to their waistlines! Check out the recipe here.
Head to the next page to see more game-winning foods!