Slow cookers  are one of the greatest inventions of our time. It’s truly an amazing thing to be able to throw some ingredients in a slow cooker in the morning and come home to a hot meal. If you use your slow cooker often, it’s easy to fall back on the same old recipes. Now we’re not saying a weekly pot roast is a bad thing, but your slow cooker is capable of so much more.
1. Roast Chicken: Rejoice fellow sufferers of roaster-phobia, you can roast a whole chicken in the slow cooker! Using this ‘rotisserie’ chicken recipe you can cook a whole chicken for a traditional Sunday dinner and use the leftovers for a couple healthy lunches, like our favorite Skinny Chicken Salad  or Skinny Cobb Salad . (via Gimme Some Oven )
2. Greek Yogurt: Slow cooker yogurt may be a bit more involved than most slow cooker recipes. It’s not a ‘set it and forget it’ recipe, but it’s worth it. Yogurt can be a great snack or part of a healthy breakfast, but so much of the yogurt on grocery store shelves is full of sugar and additives. By making your own yogurt, you’re making sure your family only gets the good stuff. (via Daring Gourmet )
3. French Fries: French fries that don’t blow a week’s worth of healthy eating? Think it’s too good to be true? Well check out this recipe for slow cooker French fries. Simple recipes with simple, natural ingredients taste better and are so much better for us than mass produced, chemical filled junk. These are French fries you can feel good about giving to your family (via 12 Tomatoes )
5. Playdough: Double craft alert! This playdough is simple enough for little ones to help make, and then they get to play with the finished product. What a great way to get the little ones into crafting! And also a great craft for those of us who are pretty terrible at crafts. (via 52 Kitchen Adventures )
6. Dip-Dyed Candles: This candle project is not only easy, it yields some pretty darn chic candles. Is there anything better than being able to answer, “oh I made it” when someone asks you where you bought something? Level of smugness in your answer is up to you. (via Martha Stewart )
7. Lotion Bars: Does the ingredient list on your body lotion make you a little nervous? If you’re not supposed to eat any ingredients you can’t pronounce, it only makes sense the same rule would apply to smearing something all over your body. This recipe for lotion bars only has natural ingredients, and it sounds especially perfect for dry winter skin! (via Simply Darrling )