Oatmeal is such a diverse food. You can literally take it and make it suitable for all taste buds. It’s highly nutritious, packing fiber, protein, low-glycemic carbohydrates, 25% DV of magnesium,and 30% DV of phosphorous. Magnesium is highly essential to the human body as it is required for over 300 biochemical reactions in the body. Oatmeal is a great way to start increasing your magnesium intake and start getting the added benefits. However, plain oatmeal can get boring and is not appealing to the masses. So here are eight tasty ways to dress up your oatmeal!
1. Blueberry Baked Oatmeal via Yummly: This is perfect for the weekly meal preps. Bake it on Sunday and have breakfast ready for the whole week. This baked oatmeal is super delicious and just as convenient. (photo credit)
2. Banana Bread Oatmeal via Quaker Oats: Now who doesn’t love fresh, warm banana bread? Well here is all that goodness in a bowl of oatmeal. I made this for my husband and he loved it! My husband isn’t an oatmeal fan so I was very pleased to see him enjoy this quick, healthy breakfast. (photo credit)
3. Sichaun Oatmeal via Shape: If you’re into savory foods and love things with a kick, then this Thai inspired bowl of oats will give you just that. Jam packed with spice and peanuty taste, it will definitely take you far away from the typical bowl of oats. I think it would be awesome for dinner and a great way to get that extra fiber in before calling it a night.
4. Oatmeal with Sauteed Mushrooms,Onions, and Thyme via Shape: This bowl of oats had my mouth watering just at the sight of it. Can you imagine all the aromas? This has to be the perfect bowl of oats for a cold day inside.
5. Apple Cranberry “Crock pot” Oatmeal via A Latte’ With Ott, A: This oatmeal is not only delicious, but it is also super convenient. Imagine apple slices, cranberries, raisins, and pecans cooking for hours while your sleeping. Sounds like a dream come true!
6. Pumpkin Pie “Crock Pot” Oatmeal via Blog Diggidy: These recipes just keep getting better and better! With fall right around the corner, this has to be the perfect pumpkin flavored breakfast. (photo credit)
8. Power Protein Peach Oatmeal via Fit Nation Mag: This oatmeal is loaded with nutrients and mega flavor! It’s an easy way to get all of your macros in one bowl.
There you have it – 8 easy ways to dress up your morning oatmeal. Of course some ways are fancier than others, but as my Grandmother always says, “it’s better to be overdressed than under-dressed”. Enjoy!