Slow cookers are a busy mom’s secret weapon. There’s no easier way to get dinner on the table than throwing a few ingredients together and going about your day. Slow cooker meals are probably most commonly associated with heavy comfort food, but they can be a real asset to those of us looking to lose weight. Preparing healthy food doesn’t have to be a full-time job. Healthy slow cooker meals are the way to go to save time, money, and your sanity!
1. Slow Cooker Pulled Pork | 221 Calories: Pulled pork is always a crowd pleaser, and with this Skinny Mom recipe no one will know you’re serving them a lower calorie version! If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, this dish reheats great the next day. Click here for the recipe.
2. Skinny Slow Cooker Tortilla Chicken Soup | 331 Calories: This is one of our favorite soup recipes! Just prep it the night before and you can have it completely ready the next night without any extra work! It’s great for busy nights–especially during school and extracurricular nights. Check it out here!
3. Slow Cooker Pepperoni Chicken | 291 Calories: This is a carb-friendly, meat lover’s dream. Turkey pepperoni is such a great alternative to its full-fat counterpart. Substitute it on deli sandwiches, pizzas and casseroles. The textures and flavors are so similar, you’ll never know the difference — except in your waistline! Click here for the recipe.
4. Cashew Chicken | 302 Calories: For an Asian inspired dinner, try our Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken! While this meal has many strong points, like the 302-calorie count per serving, or the delicious savory flavor, we’d argue that its best facet is the fact that you make it in a slow cooker. What’s better than coming home from a long day to a warm and tasty dinner? Answer: nothing. Here’s the recipe!
5. Skinny Taco Chicken Chili | 219 Calories: This is super easy slow cooker recipe that makes great leftovers! Our Skinny Taco Chicken Chili a great fix for busy days, cold days, really any day! The flavors in this are absolutely delicious, and using our Skinny Mom Taco Seasoning mix helps keep the sodium in check! Check it out here.
6. Skinny Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff | 323 Calories: This one will warm you up and fill your kitchen with the most mouth-watering scents of beef and mushrooms stewing in your slow cooker! It’s as simple as throwing all the ingredients in, turning on the slow cooker, and letting that bad boy work its magic! No worries about having extras… the leftovers are just as scrumptious! See the nutrition facts here.
7. Honey Garlic Chicken | 201 Calories: At only 201 calories a serving, you can have a double serving for dinner and not break the calorie bank. You can serve this chicken dish over quinoa or couscous, with some veggies, or even stuff it in some pita bread. Talk about nom-worthy and versatile! (via Slender Kitchen)
8. Turkey Meatloaf | 200 Calories: This turkey meatloaf will be a hit with the whole family, even the pickiest little eaters. Long, slow cooking keeps this meatloaf super moist, and with each serving around 200 calories you don’t have to feel guilty for indulging in some slimmed down comfort food. (via One Little Mister)
9. Chinese Pork and Vegetable Hot Pot | 332 Calories: This Asian inspired recipe isn’t your typical slow cooker fare, which is why we love it! This dish is great over rice, noodles, veggies or on its own. (via Eating Well)
Want more slow cooker goodness? Check out our recipe index packed with the best of the best slow cooker meals!