One of the biggest factors that I see hinder a lot of my clients starting out is time management. They think they have to spend hours cooking a huge amount and a variety of weight loss meals to get results. They couldn’t be more wrong. Some people may love to cook and have a lot of free time to make adventurous weight loss meals, but the other 98% simply don’t. That’s okay. Don’t beat yourself up about it. You have to do what works for you. Breakfast is a very important meal. It literally tells our body to “Break the fast.” Starting the day off with a nutritious breakfast can definitely set the tone of your eating habits for the remainder of the day.
Here are 7 easy breakfast smoothies that will take you less than 5 minutes to whip up. Click on the smoothie title for the recipe.
1. Apple Banana Cinnamon Smoothie: This is a perfectly balanced smoothie. You get healthy fats from the almonds, lean protein from the Greek yogurt, and energy carbohydrates from the fruit. Perfection! (via FitSugar)
2.Blueberry Smoothie: With only 3 ingredients needed, you can’t go wrong with this smoothie! I had to add just a little agave to sweeten this blend up. My sweet tooth is always, always on. Doesn’t matter how early in the morning it is. (via Prevention) (picture credit)
3. Kale, Pineapple, and Almond Milk Smoothie: This is a great way to get some vital vitamins in without sacrificing taste. The pineapple is great for gut health and makes a tasty smoothie. (via Whole Living)(photo credit)
4. Green Machine Smoothie: The Green Machine smoothie is perfect for detoxing and is loaded with nutrients. Described as a “nutrient-dense elixir,” this smoothie will actually neutralize the reactions in your body to allow our enzymes to function better–as compared to acid-foaming foods. (via Whole Living)
6. Stay Young Smoothie: This smoothie is jam packed with antioxidants and Omega 3’s. These anti-aging ingredients will help prevent conditions such as osteoporosis, inflammation, and cancer! You even have the option of adding extra supplements to kick this immune boosting smoothie to the next level. (via Whole Living)
7. Strawberry, Oatmeal, & Peanut Butter Smoothie: Peanut butter, chai and strawberries? YUM. This breakfast smoothie is sure to satisfy. I actually love the seed textures in this smoothie. The PB makes it a little thicker, which sometimes gums up your straw if you don’t blend it enough. (via Project Domestication)