Cauliflower crusts, mashed cauliflower, cauliflower pesto – you have likely seen these cauli-culinary options lurking on dining menus everywhere. That’s because the cauliflower craze is in full effect and with good reason. This dainty little vegetable packs a powerful punch! When it comes to reducing carbs, a cauliflower swap is a no-brainer. Here are some of our favorite cauliflower recipes that make low-carb, high-excitement.
1. Core and Chop Cauliflower: First, it’s time to learn how to handle that cauliflower with confidence!
2. Cauliflower ‘Alfredo’ Sauce: You won’t believe this sauce is made from cauliflower — creamy, smooth and full of flavor. Regular, store-bought Alfredo has 160 calories and 14 grams of fat per half cup! This recipe has only 100 calories and six grams of fat. Click here for the full recipe!
3. Cheesy Cauliflower Soup: Pitch the potatoes and opt for the addition of cauliflower to make this soup not only savory, but skinny in a sea of cheesy, tasty goodness. The real bonus? It’s all prepared in your slow cooker. View the complete recipe here.
4. Skinny Mashed Cauliflower: Mashed potatoes are a go-to side for many meals. They’re filling, easy to prepare and can be jazzed up and altered to fit any taste buds. The drawback is that they are full of starchy carbs that can weigh you down… literally. Enjoy all the benefits of mashed potatoes, minus the added weight with this tasty skinny swap. Click here to get the full recipe.
5. Low-Carb Cauliflower “Potato” Salad: Trick your taste buds into thinking they’re indulging in a fatty, creamy summer dish—when in reality, it’s just cauliflower! And this cauliflower dish tastes pretty good, trust us. You’ll want to check out this recipe!
6. Cauliflower Pizza Bites: If you’re a little scared to serve up a cauliflower pizza crust to the kiddos, this is a great first step in that direction. These bites are kid-friendly but adult-approved and easy to make ahead and serve when needed. Click here for the recipe.
7. Creamy Cauliflower and Broccoli Weight Loss Soup: Cauliflower and broccoli are awesome veggies that you can eat without guilt, because they contain lots of fiber that fills you up without adding extra calories. The almond milk in this recipe gives a creamy texture and also cuts down on calories that would have been taken up by heavy cream or whole milk. Check it out here!
For more cauliflower hacks, click “next” below.