Having kids dress up for Halloween can get pretty expensive! It’s much cheaper to make one or two of the costumes, and nothing beats having a homemade costume. It’s a great way to tap into your creativity and have fun making something! Here are two simple and inexpensive Halloween costumes to make.
>> Read More: 10 DIY Halloween Decor Ideas
Scarecrow: You can find most items at your local thrift store.
- A large straw hat with a flower glued to the side of it and raffia glued to the edges
- Oversized flannel shirt
- Faded blue jeans or overalls with patches
- Rope for belt and to tie at the cuffs of the shirt
- Stuff the shirt with a pillow
- Glue some raffia or straw to hang out of jeans and shirt
- Gardner’s gloves
- Add a little bit of make up
Dice: Ask for a large cardboard box from your grocery store or another retailer.
- Cardboard box (large enough to fit your torso)
- Cut out head and arms holes
- Cover the box with large white construction paper
- Cut out black circles from construction paper (use a small plate to trace circles)
- Glue circles on each side of the box (to look like a dice)
Halloween costume possibilities are endless! You don’t even need a room full of crafting materials. All it takes is a little imagination.
>> Read More: The Official Skinny Mom Guide to Halloween Candy