There are dozens of recipes floating around on Pinterest for Slow Cooker Oats, all promising the same thing, to awake to breakfast deliciousness! Well this one delivers! We pulled out the slow cooker and decided to give it a go. As promised, the oats turned out perfect! With just a little sweetener and some fresh blueberries, we found a, easy, healthy breakfast recipe that you can make once a week!
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Stevia® (or your favorite sweetener)
- fresh blueberries
- pecan bits
- skim milk
- *Optional ingredients are not included in the nutritional calculations.
- Heavily coat slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place oats in slow cooker and pour water over oats.
- Add in cinnamon and vanilla and stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours overnight.
- Wake up and stir oats.
- Add Stevia (or your favorite sweetener) to taste. If the oats are too thick, simply add in skim milk or almond milk and stir to desired consistency.
- Optional: Top with fresh blueberries, pecans and skim milk.
Copyright 2015 SkinnyMom.com