A vibrant and exciting city known for night life and a booming music scene, Austin, Texas, is also a great family destination. With year-round warm weather, there are a variety of kids’ activities in Austin to pick and choose from. If you’re new to the city, you’ll find our list of the 10 things to do in Austin with kids a quick and easy way to build an itinerary the whole family can enjoy.
- Austin Zoo and Animal Sanctuary: Is there any child (or adult) that doesn’t love a trip to the zoo? Over 300 animals are housed at the Austin zoo, and guests can even hand feed select animals.
- Austin Children’s Museum: Combine learning with fun at the children’s museum. With interactive learning stations designed to inspire, teach and entertain, the museum offers an entire day of fun.
- Austin Duck Adventures: Take in the main sites of Austin from land and water on this 75 minute duck tour. Duck tours utilize unique vehicles that can drive on land and float on water, providing kids with a fun transition.
- Austin Ghost Stories: Suitable for older children, learn about some of the spookiest places in Austin during this nighttime walking tour.
- Kiddie Acres: An amusement park and miniature golf oasis, Kiddie Acres offers the perfect solution for things to do in Austin with kids under the age of 10. Ride the merry go round and treat the kids to an ice cream cone.
- Zilker Park: Let the kids run free on 350 acres in south Austin. With botanical gardens, a public pool, sports fields and more, family entertainment awaits.
- Boggy Creek Farm: One of the nation’s first urban farm markets, this wholesome activity combines education, nutrition and fun. Pick your own produce, walk around the farm or browse the market aisles.
- Millennium Youth Entertainment Complex: An entertainment facility in the city, kids can take their pick of movies, bowling, skating, arcade games and the food court.
- The Austin Nature and Science Center: Located on the edge of Zilker Park (see above), this museum offers hands-on kids’ activities in Austin to help increase interest and appreciation of the natural environment.
- Volente Beach Waterpark: Complete with slides, a pirate boat, wading area and a beachfront, the waterpark offers something for every member of the family no matter what age.
Plan your trip now
Before heading off to various destinations around Austin, make sure you and your children are protected with adequate vehicle insurance. It’s easy to get an auto insurance online quote, or you can call an agent to discuss your options over the phone.
Sponsored content was created and provided by Nationwide Insurance. Compensation was provided for this post.