Some days are better than others. From the moment you wake up, you feel awesome and ready to tackle the world. Then there are other days. You wake up grumpy or down, and really don’t have the zip to head out the door with self-assurance and positivity. You need some confidence boosters, girlfriend! You are fabulous and here are 10 ways to help you feel it:
1. Pray. By praying and/or meditating right away in the morning, you have the chance to take some deep breaths, be thankful for your blessings, and reflect on the day ahead. Prayer and meditation help clear your head, and the breather you are taking helps put you in a relaxed, confident mindset.
2. Run! By “run,” I mean get active. When you release physical tension with a good workout, endorphins kick in and you feel exhilarated!
3. Have a strong social circle. How awesome is it when you get together with a good group of girlfriends and have a nice evening with some girl talk? Don’t you feel confident and happy? Well, this is because you know you have people who love you, care for you, and have your back at all times. There. Right now, get out your phone and schedule a girl’s night. You can thank us later!
4. Learn something new. One of my favorite pieces of advice is to “never stop learning.” Make that pie from scratch or knit a cute hat. The more you practice it, the better you will become at it, thus boosting your confidence. Boom!
5. Step away from that mirror! Yes, you! Back away! Studies have shown that the more time we obsess over our reflections in the mirror, the less confident we become. We concentrate on “flaws” rather than our beautiful beings. So yes, you can look in the mirror, but for the sake of your well being, please don’t overdo it.
6. Dump the junk part 1. Dump that junk food from your diet (read 10 Foods You Should Never, Ever Eat. Ever). While the occasional treat is fine, a diet based on junk (that you know is bad for your body) makes you feel sluggish and down in the dumps. A healthy diet makes you feel energized, confident and capable of much, much more!
7. Dump the junk part 2. Get rid of that extra clutter sitting around the house. Giving away things you don’t use to help others will make you feel really great! Have a yard sale or take those extra clothes to consignment shops. Making extra money from things you don’t wear or use is a bonus! Having space that is clutter-free will also give you a clutter-free and more confident mind.
8. Forgive yourself for your mistakes. It’s time. We are all human and no one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes, and the important thing is to recognize that, forgive yourself, and move on. Carrying around that worry and anxiety will only drag you down.
9. Stop procrastinating. Take care of the things on your to-do list. Tackle it one thing at a time, starting small. Tackling even the smallest task on your list will boost your confidence enough to handle the rest in no time.
10. Think positively about the day ahead. Even before you get out of bed, think positive thoughts about the day to come. Before you head out the door, stand up straight, smile, and know that you are all set to tackle anything coming your way today and everyday.