There truly is power in words. Whether you need a little “pick-me-up” to get you going or require true motivation to conquer a dream, accomplish a dreaded task, or finish the marathon you have been training for, a few small words can achieve BIG rewards.
I read my Bible daily for spiritual inspiration. I have a plethora of motivational books, quotes scattered about the house and also subscribe to several motivational sites to help keep me grounded. There are days when something will come up and sure enough the little “Mole Hill” has turned into a “Mountain”. I usually reach for some inspiring words to reflect upon the current situation in hope that they may provide that “PUSH” to help me through the moment.
When I run I talk to myself to get through a new training regimen or hit the finish line. Having a few mantra’s or key words to motivate one-self through the final miles can make or break your PR. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Run Strong
- Feel the Need for Speed
- Embrace the Moment
- Seize the Moment
- Be Bold
- Fiercely Courageous
- I Know I Can, I Know I Can…
- My favorite mantra for many of life’s hurdles: No Pain, No Gain!
Surrounding myself with positive people is very important as well. A negative person can drain you both mentally & physically and you may not even know it until you’ve discovered you’re in a rut. If someone is always negative, just walk away from the relationship or “kill ‘em with kindness” as a friend of mine recently stated.
It’s amazing what a few moments of silence, accompanied by three deep breaths can do for yourself too. Always strive to have a smile on your face, it really does help from the inside out. Who knows, someone who is having a tough day may see that smile and reciprocate the emotion.
When dealing with daily dilemmas and tantrums with children, I try to remember sayings like:
- Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear. – Ephesians 4:29
- Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not turn from it. – Proverbs 22:6
- Be Truthful…If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything. – Mark Twain
- The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us. – Ashley Montagu
- Lord give me the patience to handle my blessings.
Sometimes a phone call to a friend or a quick meet up for coffee, are all I need to get through my day. Having good friends or one great friend is healthy for the soul. Being blessed with a wonderful and understanding husband helps make this journey through life and parenthood that much easier too.
What motivating or inspiring words help get you through life’s challenges?
Photo Credit: http://weheartit.com/entry/35594141