Salads are sometimes an acquired taste if they aren’t drenched in fatty dressing, especially when you are young. However with the right combinations, you can get your kiddos to appreciate and devour them. Adding fruit and tangy dressing always helps. But, you can also think outside the box. Salads don’t have to be lettuce and croutons! Check out these delicious, healthy kid-approved salads:
1. Super Poppy Seed Fruit Salad by Super Healthy Kids: Fresh blueberries, strawberries and mandarin oranges topped with honey sweetened Greek Yogurt and poppy seeds make one delectable salad!
2. Sesame Chicken Salad by Parenting.com: Less than 300 calories in this peanut buttery goodness. It only takes 20 minutes total to prep and cook. Plus, Parenting.com suggests that you let the kids help mix the peanut butter dressing and sprinkle on the sesame seeds and scallions.
3. Skinny Broccoli Salad: Don’t tell the kiddos, but this cheesy creamy salad is only 86 calories and 4 grams of fat. I make this every Easter and it gets devoured by kids of all ages!
4. Hazelnut Cherry Salad from Inhabitots: Grab some crunchy iceberg lettuce and sprinkle some sweet cherries and hazelnuts on top to get your kids into the traditional lettuce salad.
5. Napa Cabbage, Asian Pears and Carrot Salad by Kitchen Corners: Trust me this salad is sweet and tangy enough that your kids will be asking for seconds! The veggies are shredded and easy to gobble down with the sauce.