Do you love Mexican, but can’t afford the calories? Many Mexican dishes are full of calories that make them not so appetizing. But don’t worry, there are ways you can make these meals healthy! Try these delicious, healthy recipes to bring back the olé in your meals!
1. Healthy Beef & Bean Enchiladas: Made with cheese, beef, and topped with a red and green sauce, these enchiladas are a delicious and healthy Mexican dish. They’re perfect for parties, potlucks, or your family’s dinner! Surprise everyone with how tasty and healthy they are. (via Can Your Stay For Dinner)
2. Vegetarian Mexican Stir Fry: Who doesn’t love a stir fry mixed with tasty ingredients? Made with chili powder, corn, peppers, and more, you can’t go wrong with this dish. This will quickly become a family favorite that you will find yourself making over and over. If you want to add some chicken or pork for protein, go ahead! (via Girl Makes Food)
3. Black Bean and Corn Salad: This delicious salad is a salad you won’t be able to get enough of, because it’s perfect for a side salad or as an entree. Easy to prepare with no need to cook; this is a dish you can throw together last minute and still satisfy everyone. (via Delish)
4. Green Tomatillo Salsa: Need an appetizer that will have everyone talking? Green tomatillo salsa is your answer! Served with tortilla chips, you won’t be able to stop eating this dish. There’s many different ways in which you can alter this recipe so it tastes different every time you make it! Even though this salsa is healthy, don’t eat too much before a meal or else you won’t be able to eat your other delicious dishes! (via Food Network)
5. TexMex Lasagna: The best thing about this lasagna recipe is that there any many different variations that will change it up every time you make it! Make it with chipotle salsa once, and change it up the next time with hot salsa! It will be delicious every time you make it and won’t get repetitive. Also made with beans, green onions, corn, and other tasty ingredients, this will be an amazing Mexican dish! (via KTA Superstores)
6. Skinny Bang Bang Shrimp Taco: Tacos are an original Mexican dish that can sometimes be so full of calories that people who are looking to eat healthy can’t eat them. Although there are tacos out there that are deemed healthier, they lack the flavor of the original. These shrimp tacos are both healthy and delicious. Easy to make, these can be thrown together for dinner with the whole family! You might have to make it a weekly Taco Tuesday! (via Skinny Mom)
7. Taco Calzones with Avocado Cream: A calzone packed with ground turkey, fresh vegetables and salsa. You will enjoy every bite of this meal! You can add or take away any of the ingredients to make this more custom to what you love. There aren’t many calzones that can be healthy and taste as good as one packed with calories. This taco calzone will change your mind and have you wanting more! (via Healthy Food for Living)