OK, you're gonna have to trust me on this one! While most of the time I'm happy to let cauliflower shine as a side dish, Chocolate Covered Katie is using this nutrient-dense ingredient to bring some serious veggie power to one of my favorite desserts! While the cauliflower doesn't add flavor to this delish chocolate cake, it does make it incredibly soft and moist! If it still just sounds too out there for you, Katie offers up a canned pumpkin swap!
Connection Recipe: Chocolate Cake… With a Crazy Ingredient!
• ¾ cup spelt flour or white flour or Arrowhead Mills
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2 tsp ener-g powder, or 2 tbsp ground flax.
• ⅓ cup xylitol or sugar
• ⅛ tsp uncut stevia or 4 nunaturals packets
• ½ to 1 cup mini chocolate chips
• 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
• 2 loosely-packed cups frozen cauliflower (Or omit and sub 1 cup canned pumpkin)
• ½ cup milk of choice. For pumpkin version, use just 1/3 cup milk
• 3 Tbsp oil