WOW! I can’t believe it but I completed a 15-minute ab workout this morning while one baby was sleeping and one baby was playing on a mat. I know…only 15-minutes of abs, but its the first time I was able to accomplish any workout with no babysitters, so I’m totally stoked! Of course the last 2 minutes of the workout my sleeping twin decides to wake up, but she got a little workout while crying – haha! So you know what this means….if I can do it, so can you!
I did the NTC (Nike Training Camp) “Get Focused” Ab Burner workout from itunes. It was 5 exercises completed in three 4.5 minute intervals with a 30-second rest between each set. In case you don’t have access to NTC, I posted the workout below…and yes, that’s me in my pjs with no makeup!
1) 1-minute of Toe Touches. Step 1: Lie on your back, holding a medicine ball above your chests with arms straight and legs straight up in the air. Step 2: Using your abs, reach towards your toes with the ball. Return to start position and repeat.
2) 1-minute of Russian Twists. Step 1: Sit with knees bent and feet crossed. Lean back until your abs burn. Hold arms in front of you. Step 2: Twist your upper body to move both arms to the outside of one hip. Step 3: Repeat, moving from side to side.
3) 30-seconds of Plank. Step 1: Start in a push up position with your hands under your shoulders. Hold the position, keeping abs tight and weights over your shoulders the whole time.
4) 1-minute Modified Side Plank, 30-seconds per side. Step 1: Lie on your side with bottom leg bent and top leg straight. Using your elbow for support, lift your body, hips and upper thighs off the floor and hold. Keep abs tight.
5) 1-minute Crazy Ivans. Step 1: Sit with knees bent and feet crossed. Lean back until your abs burn and hold the ball upper body to bring the outside one hip. Step 2: Rotate through the upper body to bring the medicine ball up over the opposite shoulder, then down to the same hip, and repeat. Switch to the other side halfway through your time.
6) Rest for 30-seconds. And repeat steps 1-5 two more times.