One of the best cures to disease is prevention. By managing foods that fuel your body, you are taking the first step in staying healthy. Berries have been linked to wonderful health benefits for many years. The antioxidants found in berries are extremely beneficial in health and healing. They reduce oxidative stress that could lead to cancer and other terminal health conditions. They are a wonderful source of natural sugar and can curb the need for junk food and candies. With their delicious taste, why would you not grab a handful? I have listed a few berries and some of their best benefits.
- Strawberries- Reduces inflammation.
- Blueberries- Reduces oxidative stress that leads to dementia. Helpful in anti-aging and may help reduce build up of bad cholesterol.
- Acai Berries- Great for cardiovascular health.
- Raspberries- Great for fighting inflammatory conditions & a good source of fiber.
- Black Raspberries- The “king of berries” can possibly slow the growth of cancerous cells. This berry has the highest ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity) level among other types of berries. Also, contains great anti-viral and anti bacterial properties.
- Cranberries- Helps prevent kidney stones and UTI by decreasing bacteria.