Pregnancy is an overwhelming experience in itself, not to mention the transformation you must make in your home and your closet. Instead of spending loads of money on various maternity pieces that you may fit in one week and not be able to pull over your hips the next, purchase these five pieces that are comfortable, stylish, lasting, and translatable from one look to another.
- Tops – Show off your adorable baby bump like a proud Mama with a long fitted tee to go over jeans or leggings. If you’re looking to draw some attention away from other places you may have put on pregnancy weight, look for tops with a fun, attention-drawing neckline, and pair it with some fabulous earrings. Flirty empire waist tops also fare great with an ever-growing bump, as it cinches under your breast and gives a flattering shape to your body.
- Jeans – A common statement in your closet that you shouldn’t give up during your pregnancy, even on the most unflattering days. When purchasing a pair of maternity jeans, look for an adjustable waistband, a soft-stretchy material, a wash that goes with day and nighttime looks, and a flattering cut to wear with some cute and comfy flats.
- Dress – A wrap dress is the easiest way to dress up and look nice with little to no effort put in your routine. Like the empire waist top, the wrap dress also cinches you in under your breast, creating a curvy and sexy look. Wrap dresses also help show off the part of our bodies many women like to see grow during this time, our breast!
- Skirt – Another maternity essential to add comfort and fashion to your preggo style. A soft material with a thin waistband in a basic color looks great with a fitted tee or empire top. You could get a couple skirts with bold colors and fun prints to pair with a white or black tee for a stylish and amazingly comfortable look.
- Shoes – You should not feel guilty spending some cash on a comfortable, lasting pair of flats or sandals depending on the season of your pregnancy. When your ankles are swollen and your feet are in pain, you’ll be grateful for the purchase, even if it was a little over budget. Ballet flats are common, however, don’t offer the best support. Choose flats or loafers that have more structure and support, or low-heeled tall boots during the fall and winter months.
While it’s important to buy comfortable pieces that will last throughout your growing pregnancy, there’s no reason to throw good style to the wind. These essential maternity pieces are worth the cost as they’ll save you from needing various pieces for multiple looks and will keep your baby bump looking cute as ever!