Since it is still summertime, it’s time to enjoy some delicious sweet watermelon while it’s at it’s peak. Watermelon is the ultimate summer food that is cut and ready to eat at every backyard barbecue. Packed with nutrients, watermelon is one of the best and healthiest summer treats. That’s why we’ve compiled our top 5 reasons why you should be adding watermelons to your diet:
- Rich in electrolytes and water content, melons are nature’s gift to quenching your summer thirst. Don’t believe us? Try our watermelon fat flush water and see for yourself! Click here for the recipe.
- Believe it or not, watermelons are very low in calories and fats. The next time you go to grab a snack, swap out the candy for some sweet watermelon.
- Watermelon is an excellent source of Vitamin A, which is a powerful natural anti-oxident, aids with vision and immunity. These melons are also know to protect the body from lung and oral cavity cancers. Need a fun way to incorporate watermelon into your diet? Try our amazing watermelon martini by clicking here!
- Watermelons contain carotenoid pigment, lycopene. Lycopene gives protection against UV rays. UV rays damage your skin and cause a variety diseases, so the next time you’re at the grocery, make sure to grab a hunky watermelon for a delicious way to protect your skin.
- Watermelons are the perfect addition to any healthy recipe! Check out these low calorie watermelon recipes to trim your waistline while pleasing your tastebuds!
Aside from being a summer favorite, there are so many health benefits to this sweet treat! So grab some watermelon while it’s still in season, and get to cooking!