A friend of mine turned me on to YouBars and I could not wait to check them out. Joel was kind enough to send me a goodie box filled with different varieties to try. I must say they were all very yummy! The best part of the YouBar concept is that you actually get to customize your own bar simply by going to their website and choosing from a plethora of different ingredients (the choices range from 3-6 so it is not too overwhelming). My goodie box included Honey Cashew, Breakfast Bar, Goji Macadamia, Cookie Dough and my favorite……..Great Date with Chocolate!! Anything that’s healthy and chocolate I am all over.
Of course I wanted more, so I went on their site and created a Holly Bar!! It was so much fun picking and choosing what ingredients to add!! There are seven essential ingredients needed to create your bar; Base, Protein powder, Nuts and Seeds, Dried Fruits and Berries, Sweeteners, Seasonings, Chocolate, and other Tasty Additions, Grains and Cereals and Infusions. For my customized bar I picked a Peanut Butter Base, Soy Protein, Chia Seeds and Almonds, Cherries and Goji Berries, Agave Nectar, Cacoa Nibs and Coffee Crystals, Gluten Free Crunchy Rice Cereal and an All In One Vitamin Infusion!!! There you have it…….The Holly Bar.
Here’s some info about how YouBar, a company launched in 2006 by healthy-food-loving mother-son founders Ava Bise and Anthony Flynn, got started:
- You choose the ingredients and the bar size.
- You view the nutrition facts of your energy bar while you are creating it.
- Your box of bars is hand made fresh-to-order and shipped to your door with a satisfaction guarantee. If you don’t love your bars, you’ll get a new box free of charge.
- Your customized nutrition facts and your chosen bar name are printed on each individual bar package.
- Friendly telephone customer support is available to answers questions and provide helpful recommendations.
Overall, I just love how YouBar gives you the choice of creating your customized bars using organic ingredients, their choices of ingredients are short (so you will not be overwhelmed with choices), and they don’t go crazy on the sweeteners (like most other bars). I’m definitely a fan, and I know you will be too!
Now, for some exciting news – the folks at YouBar were nice enough to offer a coupon code for all of you, my lovely readers! Just enter SKINNYMOM at the checkout at their online shop and you’ll get 10% off!